Friday I am going on a three-week trip to beautiful India. A colleague from work is Indian and he gets married. that’s a whole week of celebrations with over 400 guests. After that we will travel another two weeks through Rajasthan. We are pretty excited !
I’ll try to give a keft-to right-and-up-down listing, hope you can follow:
- Nikkor 105 mm f2.8 Micro
- Samyang 8 mm f3.5
- AA battery charger
- 2 sets of 2.400 mAh Sanyo Eneloop batteries
- Nikon SB-800 flash unit
- Nikon D70s with the
- Nikkor 70-300 f3.5-5.6 VR
- Memory card safe with a total of 43 GB storage (should suffice…)
- a 76 mm hama Polarizer with a step-down ring 67=>62 mm
- additional battery for the D70s
- lint-free cloth
- Nikon battery charger
- USB cable
- Solmeta Geotagger charger
- D300s standard camera strap (in case I get bored of the next item)
- Blackrapid R-Strap for the D300s
- Nikon D300s with the
- Nikkor 17-55 mm f2.8
- 2 extra batteries for the D300s
- cleaning equipment: rocketblower, cloths, lenspen
- Solmeta N2 geotagger
- Remote control for the D300s and finally
- a DIY string tripod…. string monopod is more accurate.
Now as I look at the list, the D300s strap is the first item I will kick from the packing list. Other candidates are:
- Nikkor 105 mm Micro…. will I really make that many pictures of pretty flowers and beetles on the trip ?
- D70s… do I really need a backup camera ?
- flash, batteries, charger => perhaps nice for the wedding, but is it really necessary ?
So whats your opinion ? What should I take with me, what should I leave at home ?